Horticulture @ The Cellar Trust
If you have recently been referred to The Cellar Trust and haven’t yet decided what activities you’d like to do, you might want to consider working at our allotments on a therapeutic horticulture course. Working outdoors in the fresh air is great for the mind and body – the feeling of achievement watching plants you have planted grow is second to none!
Some Of The Many Benefits To You:
- Being in the fresh air and sunshine getting in touch with the elements is great for the mind and body.
- The satisfaction of achieving something creative is great for your confidence.
- Gardening is an experience that gives you a sense of purpose, a routine, something to look forward to, a sense of structure in your life.
- Learning new skills in horticulture and improving your gardening skills is good for your confidence.
- Seeing seeds and plants you have helped to grow develop to maturity will give you a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
- Being outdoors away from telephones, TVs and artificial lighting is a great way to clear your thoughts.
- Working closely with nature can invigorate your senses!
Subject to sufficient participants we are also able to offer a level 1 NVQ in Horticulture. It could even be the stepping stone to a career in horticulture!!