This handmade durable wooden nesting box makes the perfect home for sparrows and is a wonderful way to attract birds into your garden. It’s made to RSPB specifications and comes with pre-drilled, countersunk holes so you can easily mount it to a tree, fence or wall.
According to environmental and ornithological agencies, the sparrow population is declining. This robust nesting box with holes either end and one in the centre is the perfect way to attract this popular little visitor back to our gardens and give them a helping hand to find a home. Sparrows like to nest in family groups so these boxes have been made in three compartments allowing sparrows to nest together, safe from predators. The pitched roof keeps the boxes dry, and the hinges allow for easy cleaning.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Made with external grade plywood
- Timber sourced from sustainable sources
- Available in a variety of colours
- Corrosion resistant screws
- Mountable (Screws for mounting not included)
- Delivered fully assembled
- Handmade in Shipley, Yorkshire
This product is available in 9 different finishes; see the product photo gallery for colour swatches.
The six vintage colours from the Barrettine Country Cottage Shades range give a colourful opaque matt finish. The three shades of Barrettine Premier Wood Preservative offer a more natural wood-stain finish. All our finishes are:
- Harmless to plants and animals
- Water repellent
- Fade resistant