“We have a great charity partnership with The Cellar Trust; providing work placements for some of the charity’s service users, helping with the charity shop, and supporting in-store fundraising. It’s been positive for our staff team and good to promote mental health and the charity’s work to our customers.”
Dan, M&S Bradford
Let’s work together
There are lots of ways that companies and organisations can support the work we do. As well as helping tackle a major social issue in our communities, supporting us can raise your profile and contribute to your corporate and social responsibility agenda. We can also help you to address mental health in the workplace more effectively.
We have experience of working with both large and small employers including; Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Tong Garden Centre, Knightsbridge Furniture, Twentysix, Radstudio, Santander, Creative Hair and Beauty, and Cap and Collar.
How you can support us
- Make us your Charity of the Year
- Encourage your staff to do some fundraising for us
- Take a donation box for your customers
- Donate surplus stock for our Retail skill shop
- Donate a raffle prize for a fundraising event
- Sponsor one of our high profile events
Can you offer our service users a work placement or work trial?
Steps into Employment is our free specialist support service for people living with mental and/or physical health issues, who are looking for employment. Work placements and trials help our clients to develop confidence and gain work experience in a supportive environment.
If you are a local business and can provide our services users with work placements or work trials, please contact our employment team via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
“The work placement at Shipley Health Store was the biggest benefit factor in the improvement of my mental health. Because of the nature of the shop I could go in at a basic level. At first I was just decanting oils into little glass boxes and that was enough for me. Over the weeks my confidence has grown and I now serve in the shop. I love the people, the place, the work and I have realised oh my God I am quite capable, I can work in a shop, I can handle money, and I can talk to people. Suddenly all my skills have come to the surface and my confidence has grown and it’s all through The Cellar Trust. Now I am starting a paid job there but it doesn’t feel like work to me because I enjoy that place so much. It is like going to meet friends.”
How we can help you
- Offer training for your staff (such as our Stress Busters sessions) to help them recognise the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health, and enable them to provide help and support to colleagues
- Run a Wellbeing at Work session for your staff to help them look after their mental health at work and stay well
- Generate positive PR for your company