Return to Learning course
Our Return to Learning course is a weekly course specifically for people interested in returning to education or training.
Thinking of going back into education?
As well as helping you prepare for your next career move, going back to education can be a great way to build confidence and catch up on things you might have missed at school.
If you haven’t been in a classroom for years, the thought of returning can be daunting but don’t worry. This course is designed to calm worries, answer questions and offer solutions and prepare you for returning to education. Whatever your reasons for returning to learning, we’re here to help you.
About the course:
- Runs for 4 weeks, usually two hours per a week (days vary course to course).
- Delivered to small groups of no more than 10 people.
- Looks at prioritising, structuring, identifying why education is important to you, now as a mature student.
- Discussions on educational goals and relevant courses
- Practicing team working, presentation skills, memory techniques, action planning and time management.
- Identifying individual learning styles
- Visits to colleges and support with course selection and enrollment.
Who can attend this course?
This course is available to people who have been referred into the Vocational Recovery service. Unfortunately this course is not open to the public.