The Cellar Trust Cafe is a warm and welcoming community cafe serving clients, staff and members of the public.
In Catering, you will have the opportunity to learn how to cope with the demands of a kitchen with time-focused food preparation. You can obtain your Food Hygiene Certificate as well as develop your communication and customer service skills. Many people also move on to achieving an NVQ in Catering which we deliver in partnership with Shipley College.
Interesting in joining the catering skill shop?
- Learn how to prepare, cook and serve food in a busy working cafe.
- Discover the joys of cooking which will be of benefit to you at work and home.
- Learn essential skills commonly used in the catering industry.
- Gain self-confidence and develop your organisational skills.
- Develop good customer service skills.
- Learn in a friendly and supportive environment and become part of the team.
- Take on new tasks as and when you feel you are ready.
The catering industry is a fun and dynamic working environment. Skills learnt here could one day lead to a new career or business venture but you may also learn important transferable skills which could help in a wider range of jobs.