Our Woodwork Skill Shop is one the most popular activities at The Cellar Trust. The great thing about Woodwork is the relaxing calm environment, where, however you are feeling you take part in meaningful activity. Whether it starting off with sanding or staining wood, or developing more advanced woodwork skills, feedback shows that woodwork can have great therapeutic benefit.
Some of the benefits of joining our Woodwork Skill Shop include:
- Develop new skills in carpentry, joinery and furniture restoration …skills that will come in handy in everyday life!
- Learn to use some of the many tools and equipment used in a typical woodwork workshop.
- Meet new people of all different age groups, work together and help each other achieve.
- Do something creative & productive …something that will give you a sense of real achievement.
- Get used to doing a regular activity and practice timekeeping …which will help you when going back into the job market.
- Learn how to make a range of useful wooden products.