Steps into Employment
Many people who are out of work, want to work, but find they have mental and/or physical health barriers stopping them. We believe with the right, tailored support, getting back into employment can become a reality for those people.
Steps into Employment is our free specialist support service for people living with mental and/or physical health issues, who are looking for paid employment.
This is not an inflexible, mainstream back to work support scheme – where generic and inappropriate support is offered; this service is person-centred meaning it focuses on you as an individual, looking at and tackling your specific barriers to paid employment.
By working closely with Bradford District Care Trust, we have brought together a wide range of skills and expertise from employment specialists, mental health and social care professionals, and community-based peer supporters to enable us to provide holistic, tailored support.
The Steps into Employment service offers:
- Individual support – One-to-one tailored support with a specialist employment worker; help developing an employment plan; guidance on effective job applications and one-to-one mock interviews; advice and support to address and overcome barriers to employment; employment-related benefit advice, links to local employers, guidance on requesting reasonable adjustments at work.
- Employment courses – Specialist short courses such as our employability course, designed to prepare you for employment including; confidence building, assertiveness, how to manage stress, how to write a great CV and application form and how to prepare for an interview.
- Job Club – A relaxed weekly club where we support you with searching for jobs and completing application forms.
- Work placements – Opportunities to undertake supported work placements with a wide range of employers to develop confidence and gain work experience.
- In-work support – Once you are in employment we continue to provide support to keep you well in your new job. You’ll have access to Work Aid, a monthly support group designed to help people transitioning back into employment and remaining healthy while working.
Who can access this service?
This service is for people over the age of 25, who are out of work with mild to moderate mental health problems and/or physical health issues who need support moving into employment. Find out how to access this service here.