365 days a year, 12pm till 2.30am
Same-day urgent support for Children, Young People and Adults who are experiencing mental health distress
Anyone aged seven and over living in Bradford District and Craven can access urgent same-day support from Safe Spaces at our Bradford and Keighley Hubs.
We can help you if you’re experiencing severe anxiety, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, intense depression or feelings of disassociation.
Safe Spaces provides support everyday including:
If you’re feeling overwhelmed our top tips may help:
- Stop… take a deep breath
- Find somewhere you feel safe
- If you have a care plan or action plan that helps you know what to do when things are too much…read it and use it
- Find a trusted friend or adult who you can talk to or just be with
- If you are feeling like you need urgent support over the phone or in-person then call First Response on 0800 952 1181 and ask for ‘Safe Spaces’ for a same-day appointment at our Bradford or Keighley Hub.
- You can also get a same-day appointment in our Hubs by calling Guide-Line on 08001 884 884, ask for ‘Safe Spaces‘.
Safe Spaces drop-ins
If you need to talk and feel supported you might benefit from a Safe Spaces drop-in service, check our map for up to date location and times that may be local to you. No need to book you can turn up on the day.
Guide-Line provides confidential, emotional support to from 12pm (noon) to 12am (midnight), 365 days a year.
There are two ways to access Guide-Line support:
- You can call us for telephone support on 0800 188 4884.
- You can chat online using live chat: GUIDE-LINE LIVE CHAT
West Yorkshire Night OWLS is a confidential support line for children, young people, their parents and carers available 8pm–8am every day.
Call on: Freephone 0800 1488 244
Text on: 07984 392700
The Healthy Minds Directory provides list of services, advice on how to stay well or simply answer a few questions to find the best support near you.
Looking to develop your career in mental health?
We are recruiting for Team Leaders, Crisis Support Workers and Relief Crisis Support workers for our Hub, Overnight Service and Crisis Cafes.
Check out the vacancies here.
Support your community by volunteering
If you are looking for voluntary opportunities we would love to have your support, find all voluntary roles here via Mind in Bradford.