Nearly 50% of long-term absences from work are due to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. Being off work because of mental ill health is not only draining, it can make you feel isolated and vulnerable, so getting emotional and practical support at this difficult time can make a big difference to recovery.
We understand the barriers and challenges people face when going back to work after a period of mental ill health. But we also know how beneficial having a job is to health, wellbeing and financial security, that’s why our experienced team are dedicated to supporting people through this difficult period.
The Work Retention service offers:
- One-to-one coaching and regular progress reviews
- Action planning and goal setting
- Employer liaison – we work with you and your employer to negotiate reasonable workplace adjustments and a return to work strategy.
- Access to a peer support group – a supportive group run weekly by trained peer support volunteers who have lived experience of mental health problems.
- Self-development workshops
- Wellness planning
Who can access this service?
This service is for people aged 18 or over, who are in work but on sick leave who need support to return to work. It is available to people who live in Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. Find out how to access this service here.