Our employability course, known as Stepping Stones, is a weekly course designed to help people prepare for going into paid employment.
Support for getting back to work
When thinking about going back to work, worries and questions can arise. You might feel anxious about whether you’ll cope with the workload or if you should you speak to your employer about your mental health. Our employability course covers these topics and many more, to gently support your back into employment.
About the course:
- Runs for 12 weeks, usually one morning a week (days vary course to course).
- Delivered to small groups of no more than 10 people.
- As a group, we look at the world of work and mental health, tackling subjects such as disclosure of mental health problems to employers and how to handle a gap in work history.
- We cover practicalities of finding employment, such as CV writing, application forms, job searching skills and interview skills.
- There is also a focus on dealing with stress and using time well to support you to stay well once in employment.
Who can attend this course?
This course is mainly attended by people who have been referred into the Vocational Recovery service. However, where it’s appropriate, this course maybe also be recommended to people accessing our other services. Unfortunately this course is not open to the public.